|| Director of Project Management
||Product Development, Project Management, US
||SVP Product Development / COO China Operations
||East Brunswick, New Jersey, USA
This position is responsible for planning, managing and executing generic pharmaceutical development projects. This includes the co-ordination of activities at multiple sites and involving multiple parties whilst providing leadership to the project teams.
- Defining the project scope, goals and deliverables to support business objectives in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Developing full-scale project plans and associated communication documents.
- Effectively communicating project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Liaising with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Creating, executing and updating project work plans as appropriate to meet the changing needs and requirements
- Identifying and recommending the internal and/or external resources required for the timely completion of projects
- Managing day-to-day operational aspects of projects.
- Identifying and managing project dependencies and mapping the critical path
- Proactively managing changes in project scope, anticipating potential problems, and proactively devising contingency plans.
- Planning project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools
- Holding regular project team meetings and ensuring effective project communications within the project teams.
- Resolving and/or escalating issues in a timely fashion
- Tracking project milestones and deliverables
- Building, developing, and growing business relationships
- Developing best practices and tools for project management and execution in a fast paced generic product development environment
|Desired Skills & Experience
- A college degree is required, a degree in scientific discipline is preferred
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in pharmaceutical industry, preferably with generic companies. Has adequate understanding of key elements of product development process. Some technical experiences in analytical chemistry or formulation development are preferred.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast paced environment is crucial.
- Ability to read communication styles of team members and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
- Persuasive, encouraging, and motivating.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
- Familiar with project management software is a plus but not essential